This is my kind of blog. Digital Stats does exactly what it says on the tin – it is a collection of “interesting and surprising statistics about digital media and devices”.
It doesn’t try and do anything else. Just that. Which is probably why it is one of 5% of blogs that survives beyond the initial burst of enthusiasm (*see below).
It’s curated by Dan Calladine. By day he’s a research director at a digital marketing agency called Isobar. The author points out that this is a personal – not a company – blog but there’s clearly a lot of crossover between the day job and the night blog.
Anyway, here are five things I’ve learned thanks to Dan:
- Apple sold one million 3G iPhones in first weekend
- 70% of Japanese social networkers access via mobile most often
- One billion Facebook chat messages are sent every day
- Dell claims it has generated $3m in sales via Twitter
- *95% of blogs are abandoned