Here’s an extract from the blurb:
How to Tweet: a social media primer
This session will teach journalists – both in-house and freelance – how to raise their profile, extend the reach of their journalism and understand how to integrate social media into their newsgathering.
This interactive session will cover the following and more:
– Social media: understanding the basics
– Stories from the newsroom that demonstrate the power of social
– Six ways social media can help your journalism: crowd sourcing, fact checking, taste testing, finding eyewitnesses and more
– The social media audit: from Twitter to Facebook to Pinterest to Google+ and beyond, which tool suits which occasion
– How to manage your social footprint all in one place
– How to get noticed
– How to grow your follower count legitimately
– Social media: dos and don’ts.
The second half of the course deals, at similar length, with blogging.
The workshop takes place on Friday 24 May and you can find more details here.