Earlier this week, I was asked the following five questions by a student researching the impact of smart devices, particularly the iPhone, on news.
1. Why did people start reading news on mobile devices? And when?
2. How has the technology since the first iPhone changed the way we consume news on devices?
3. Why do you think Murdoch’s tablet-only newspaper ‘Daily’ failed?
4. How has the newswriting changed since the first iPhone? (i.e. shorter, punchier, use of images, headlines etc.)
5. We are available, and everything is available to us, at all times. Has this changed how many times people read news each day to keep updated?